killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Thanks for the clearification, didn't want to spread wrong info :)

NP and thanks for that :)

Quoting before it gets lost:

As of the latest beta's after 100697, a new CBA version is required to operate properly.

This new CBA version comes in the form of @CBA_CO and is again a merged variant (so you only launch @CBA_CO, not more CBA modfolders).

For Play withSIX and SIX Updater users, everything will be handled automatically, just like back in the day with the JayArma2Lib required for old builds, and JayArma2Lib_new required for newer builds.

For non-SIX users, there's the following package available: http://www.multiupload.nl/5QXMOD6ZQL

Thanks to Pac and kju for their time and efforts tracking down the issue.

Found an "major bug" - there is no changelog and no list of new kewl features! Can't wait for Hotfix release.... ;)

I'm curious, can anyone elaborate on what changed in betas > 100697 that broke the previous CBA versions?

I get this error when I get to main menu

script ca\communityconfiguratorproject_e\ai_madetank gunnersuseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

Erm, Addon dependancy 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

Am i missing something or did you forget to mention something?

Erm, Addon dependancy 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

Am i missing something or did you forget to mention something?

You're missing a Beta newer than 100697.

So it's NOT compatible with previous beta/stable patch, right? Wouldn't want to let your devil tool update that for me and mess me up, so, just checking!

So it's NOT compatible with previous beta/stable patch, right? Wouldn't want to let your devil tool update that for me and mess me up, so, just checking!

My devil tool? LOL!

It's just a matter of activating the right variant for the active game build.

As said, my devil tools handle everything automatically depending on if and which beta / patch you have active.

With the alternative modfolder name there is also no collision and both versions can exist along side.

/Devil tool developer, out

jfXyEjR.png

(Thanks to Impulse 9 for his amazing creative work ;))

Edited by Sickboy

Hi getting this error in the arma2oaserver.RPT

Version 1.62.95251

Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

The mod string we are using is

ip=xx.xx.xx.xx -config=server.cfg -world=empty -BEpath=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxxx\GameServers\TC34331206232827875576435\BattlEye -profiles=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxxx\GameServers\TC34331206232827875576435\ -name=Alpha -maxmem=2048 -mod=@CBA_CO;@JayArma2Lib;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@ACEX_SM;@acex_usnavy;@ACRE -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -port=2302 -maxplayers=10

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Hi!

Could that be why this:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
DMC_preInit = "ace_enabled = isClass (configFile >> 'CfgPatches' >> 'ace_main');acre_enabled = isClass (configFile >> 'CfgPatches' >> 'acre_main');mando_enabled = isClass (configFile >> 'CfgPatches' >> 'Mando_Missile_Addon');ace_wounds = false;";
};

in the description.ext of a mission does not seem to fire ? Or is it me doing something wrong ?

Hi!

Could that be why this:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
   DMC_preInit = "ace_enabled = isClass (configFile >> 'CfgPatches' >> 'ace_main');acre_enabled = isClass (configFile >> 'CfgPatches' >> 'acre_main');mando_enabled = isClass (configFile >> 'CfgPatches' >> 'Mando_Missile_Addon');ace_wounds = false;";
};

in the description.ext of a mission does not seem to fire ? Or is it me doing something wrong ?

Hi,

Sorry, could what be why that is?

Also how do you conclude "does not seem to fire"?

What game build, and CBA version are you using?

Does the RPT mention anything? Have you tried a diag_log 'Test123'; in there?

Hi!

I'm referring to your post "As of the latest beta ...". I'm using the above to find out if certain addons are loaded. Based on that certain features in the mission are enabled / disabled. It seems that at least client side although the above mentioned addons are loaded the respective mission features are not being enabled. I'm on build 101480 at the moment. CBA is .190. The RPT is clean server and client side. I'll add diag_log to see if I can get it to moan about something.

As mentioned it might just be me doing something wrong however I did notice your post and was wondering if this behaviour has already been observed by someone else.

Edited by Demon Cleaner

I'm running beta 101480 and the old @CBA @CBA_A2 @CBA_OA are working fine, but the new @CBA_CO is incompatible with the servers I play on and Six Updater refuses to launch the game with the old versions.

As I've mentioned it might be me. The preInit does fire:

diag_log format ['ace_enabled: %1 / acre_enabled: %2 / mando_enabled: %3 / ace_wounds: %4',ace_enabled,acre_enabled,mando_enabled,ace_wounds];

actually yields:

"ace_enabled: true / acre_enabled: true / mando_enabled: true / ace_wounds: false"

Sorry for wasting your time.

As I've mentioned it might be me. The preInit does fire:

diag_log format ['ace_enabled: %1 / acre_enabled: %2 / mando_enabled: %3 / ace_wounds: %4',ace_enabled,acre_enabled,mando_enabled,ace_wounds];

actually yields:

"ace_enabled: true / acre_enabled: true / mando_enabled: true / ace_wounds: false"

Sorry for wasting your time.

NP. Glad it's settled :)
I'm running beta 101480 and the old @CBA @CBA_A2 @CBA_OA are working fine, but the new @CBA_CO is incompatible with the servers I play on and Six Updater refuses to launch the game with the old versions.
For SU to pick up the old CBA's, you need to either use no Beta (so official 1.62 exe), or a Beta with build 100697 or older.

Alternatively you can manually launch (e.g shortcut or launcher).

Most ideal and future proof would be if the server admin could add the bikeys from CBA_CO to the server :)

A hotfix was deployed for SU to address version/build comparison issues: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2291199&viewfull=1#post2291199

Edited by Sickboy

/just a humble suggestion/ Hi Sickboy, could you please update/edit the first post in the thread to reflect the new changes? Or is it doable only by OP - Killswitch :( (or ask a Mod to do it)? Could help somewhat with the confusion of some not finding the upgrade notice in the middle of the thread :)

And thanks for keeping it all up :)

/just a humble suggestion/ Hi Sickboy, could you please update/edit the first post in the thread to reflect the new changes? Or is it doable only by OP - Killswitch :( (or ask a Mod to do it)? Could help somewhat with the confusion of some not finding the upgrade notice in the middle of the thread :)

And thanks for keeping it all up :)

Hi mate, thanks for the suggestion, I already sent a message to Ks this morning ;-)

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quoted for not disappearing

As of the latest beta's after 100697, a new CBA version is required to operate properly.

This new CBA version comes in the form of @CBA_CO and is again a merged variant (so you only launch @CBA_CO, not more CBA modfolders).

For Play withSIX and SIX Updater users, everything will be handled automatically, just like back in the day with the JayArma2Lib required for old builds, and JayArma2Lib_new required for newer builds.

For non-SIX users, there's the following package available: http://www.multiupload.nl/5QXMOD6ZQL

Thanks to Pac and kju for their time and efforts tracking down the issue.

I've got the new version (including beta) setup successfully so far, but it seems i now have an issue with my custom SU repo:

I changed the server.yml through SixUpdater according to the new needs (cba_co instead of cba, cba_oa and cba_a2), commited and pushed the changes to my webserver.

But when i create a new preset based upon this server.yml, i also get the "old" cba stuff configured into that preset, although the required mods section looks like this:

:required_mods:

- "@CBA_CO"

- "@Pacific"

I didnt worry at first and gave it a try, but unfortunately i then get a CBA version mismatch error once i start a mission - with the clientversion being lower than the serverside version of cba.

My servermodline looks like this: -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -mod=@cba_co;@pacific

Betaversion is 1.62.101480 on both client & server.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

DO

EDIT: When i start the game with just cba_co enabled clientside, i dont get any error at all and everything seems to work fine.

Edited by DaOarge

Please try if updating with the released SU hotfix solves it, also please try a Sync with SU portal, just in case.

Are you hosting any CBA mods on the repo? In that case you could try dropping them or manually configuring min and max build values for these mods.

Otherwise if still issues please create a (private) ticket with the log files (and if possible link to server.yml) over at: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Details on log files etc available at; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Thanks

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks, did you just release an update to SU?

I (auto-)updated SU from 2.09.7016 to 2.09.7018, synced with SU portal and it's working now!

Thanks a lot!

DO

Anyone any ideas why this is happening

regards

Hi getting this error in the arma2oaserver.RPT

Version 1.62.95251

Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

The mod string we are using is

ip=xx.xx.xx.xx -config=server.cfg -world=empty -BEpath=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxxx\GameServers\TC34331206 232827875576435\BattlEye -profiles=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxxx\GameServers\TC343312 06232827875576435\ -name=Alpha -maxmem=2048 -mod=@CBA_CO;@JayArma2Lib;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@ACEX _SM;@acex_usnavy;@ACRE -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -port=2302 -maxplayers=10

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Edited by Suggsy
forgot to quote