Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

Sorry guys, I had to re-upload the ACE editions for v1.07. There had been some incompatibilities to the ACE satchel charges. In other words, my "can only be destroyed by satchel charges" script made target objects indestructible instead :D (thanks to roy86 for pointing that out).

I just edited the scripts\c4only.sqf, nothing else. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download (dev-heaven.net)

@Kol9yN: Thanks, appreciate it.

Sorry guys, I had to re-upload the ACE editions for v1.07. There had been some incompatibilities to the ACE satchel charges. In other words, my "can only be destroyed by satchel charges" script made target objects indestructible instead :D (thanks to roy86 for pointing that out).

I just edited the scripts\c4only.sqf, nothing else. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download (dev-heaven.net)

@Kol9yN: Thanks, appreciate it.

Thanks NP mate! you can apply our features and fixes if you wish ;)?!

Maby to Panthera island... Just look on this ;)

Hi Bon — played the CFOR from before (its all I play now on SP). I was wondering how to remove all the class restrictions eg snipers and pilots etc? I know it's unrealistic but for sp it just makes it less annoying to have to change character etc.

I have managed to remove the pilot classes but can't seem to find the equipment restrictions eg: Sniper rifle for a normal solider.

Thanks — loving all the new additions and improvements!

- Play SP - unrealistic...

I don't understand?

I don't play ARMA MP — I play SP only so for me this would be good. I'm not asking for a release of it. It's for my own personal use. :j:

Hi Bon — played the CFOR from before (its all I play now on SP). I was wondering how to remove all the class restrictions eg snipers and pilots etc? I know it's unrealistic but for sp it just makes it less annoying to have to change character etc.

I have managed to remove the pilot classes but can't seem to find the equipment restrictions eg: Sniper rifle for a normal solider.

Thanks — loving all the new additions and improvements!

Hi Mono,

you know the lists tfor_pilots, tfor_crewmen and tfor_sniper in the config.sqf? Clear them, so they are emtpy, e.g. tfor_pilots = []; in order to remove the restrictions to vehicles.

Weapon restrictions, however, I forgot to make configurable, sorry. I was in some kind of rage back then, after playing MP with a pilot involved in infantry combat and a squad medic carrying a 50cal sniper in his hands. :j:

But all you'd need to do is open the initplayer.sqf and comment out the following line:

[player] execFSM "fsm\checkweapon.fsm";

It's somewhere in the first lines of the script.

hf.

We tryed this new version with ACE (latest update) and that ACE healing isn't working in Tfor ace 1.07

btw it is possible to get UH60 Medevac and MH6 Littlebird back?

and also medic and engineer classes should be nice to add

Edited by RobertHammer

Hi Mono,

you know the lists tfor_pilots, tfor_crewmen and tfor_sniper in the config.sqf? Clear them, so they are emtpy, e.g. tfor_pilots = []; in order to remove the restrictions to vehicles.

Weapon restrictions, however, I forgot to make configurable, sorry. I was in some kind of rage back then, after playing MP with a pilot involved in infantry combat and a squad medic carrying a 50cal sniper in his hands. :j:

But all you'd need to do is open the initplayer.sqf and comment out the following line:

[player] execFSM "fsm\checkweapon.fsm";

It's somewhere in the first lines of the script.

hf.

Thanks for that Bon! (Don't all pilots carry 50 cals?! :p ) Can't wait waste my Sunday afternoon on this!

One other thing — am I being stupid or are all the vehicles at base (other than the ones I spawn) locked? Also how do you become a commander?

Loving this so far!

Edit: Loving the mission — had a blast on LAN with my brother on Zargabad. Some really good missions and gameplay. Figured out that of course I had to choose the commander slot!

Got one annoying error on the last mission of the session: "["A",e5528100# 164228 tak_civil03.p3d, <null><null>]" Not sure if it's my setup or something that you already knew about.

But after about 4-5 hours it wasn't exactly game destroying! I was hosting btw and my brother didn't receive the error message.

Edit: Also to be a nag, is there anyway of swapping out the OA camo/soldiers for the A2 versions on the Cherno missions?

Edited by Mono

We tryed this new version with ACE (latest update) and that ACE healing isn't working in Tfor ace 1.07

btw it is possible to get UH60 Medevac and MH6 Littlebird back?

and also medic and engineer classes should be nice to add

Hi RH,

that's a shame ACE healing doesn't work. That means I need to rip the ACE Wounds system apart to get familiar with it (me myself am not using ACE; all I do is to create an ACE Wounds logic and that's it - testing it by letting a grenade explode next to me, I can see myself black out and think its all fine and running). :(

At the moment, I really can't see any reason why I didn't put the MH6 and the Medevac MH60 into the list, very strange.

Am going to prepare some edits (the ones my community prefers to play with), which has unit slots grouped and, if possible, contain medic and engineer slots. Of course, the two missing aircrafts will be added in those, as well.

Thanks for the hints.

Got one annoying error on the last mission of the session: "["A",e5528100# 164228 tak_civil03.p3d, <null><null>]" Not sure if it's my setup or something that you already knew about.

But after about 4-5 hours it wasn't exactly game destroying! I was hosting btw and my brother didn't receive the error message.

Edit: Also to be a nag, is there anyway of swapping out the OA camo/soldiers for the A2 versions on the Cherno missions?

Hi Mono,

can't see any relation between the error message and the scripts. Could you post the full error line?

I'd rather use any unit but the Army ACUs especially on woodland terrain. The problem is, that the USMC units are incompatible to the OA backpacks, i.e. they can't carry OA backpacks, which is way more important to me than the unit textures fitting into terrain.

hf.

Edited by Bon

The problem is that you create the ACE wounds module way too late.

Creating it from mission init.sqf is generally already too late. And then on top you have added a 1 second sleep too,

which results in the module only being created after all players are ready and have gone from Briefing into the mission.

The module should be placed in the editor (maybe can use Probability field to make it sensitive to parameters),

or you should use the following code in description.ext instead:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
   class TakistanForce {
      serverInit = "ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true; publicVariable 'ace_sys_wounds_enabled'"; // Can be extended to only enable depending on a Parameter, etc.
   };
};

This way the code is executed way before the mission init.sqf, and guaranteed before the actual PostInit scripts run that expect this parameter.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks very much Sickboy.

I assumed the system could be created and initialized at any point in time - this assumption would have made it very hard to get it working properly. So you saved me a lot of frustration and waste of time.

Hi RH,

Hi Mono,

can't see any relation between the error message and the scripts. Could you post the full error line?

I'd rather use any unit but the Army ACUs especially on woodland terrain. The problem is, that the USMC units are incompatible to the OA backpacks, i.e. they can't carry OA backpacks, which is way more important to me than the unit textures fitting into terrain.

hf.

Hmm might of been my end then only happened the once.

Of course sorry! I use backpacks all the time and didn't think!

Hate to ask but is there a way of converting these missions to opposing factions — so you play the taki rebels against the US army? I'm hoping it may be a simple tweak of a file for myself but things are never that easy! :p

Thanks so much for the update on the mission Bon!

Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to those FHW edits :)

Hate to ask but is there a way of converting these missions to opposing factions — so you play the taki rebels against the US army? I'm hoping it may be a simple tweak of a file for myself but things are never that easy! :p

Hi again,

in the editor you would need to change all playable units to OPFOR units, and rename the "respawn_west" marker to "respawn_east".

In the config.sqf you set

tfor_friendly_side=east;

tfor_enemy_side=west;

Basically, you are done and can play.

You'd probably need to extend the bon_recruit_units\recruitable_units.sqf in order for the newly added playable OPFOR classes to have a list of class types which can be recruited, and customize the config.sqf, section "SIDES AND -ASSETS", what most likely results in more than just a couple minutes work. However, you don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to those FHW edits :)

Hey ho,

first time someone particularly asks for the FHW edits :)

Will be up tomorrow.

hf.

Hi all,

updated the ACE editions and increased its version number to v1.071. It should fix the healing not working with ACE Wounds enabled.

Also added the FHW edits for the standard maps.

Last but not least Ports have been added to Thirsk, Thirsk Winter, Isla Duala and Everon 2010.

Download

hf.

Edited by Bon

Hi all,

updated the ACE editions and increased its version number to v1.071. It should fix the healing not working with ACE Wounds enabled.

Also added the FHW edits for the standard maps.

Last but not least Ports have been added to Thirks, Thirsk Winter, Isla Duala and Everon 2010.

hf.

thanks for the update Bon :bounce3:

Thanks for the help with editing the files and the new map updates can't wait to give them a go!

small question in bon_ieds

ied_defusion_handler has this:

Make sure lines 3 to 7 in defuse.sqf are not commented out.

however, they are commented out in defuse.sqf

Imagine you want something to happen on the server machine when a player defuses an IED. Then you would have to uncomment the lines in defuse.sqf and extend the ied_defusion_handler.sqf with your code.

For my mission I commented out these lines because I had no use for this feature and could save another publicvariable call.

Btw, I updated the IED script available on dev-heaven.net. You may want to give it a look.

hf.

small question in bon_ieds

ied_defusion_handler has this:

Make sure lines 3 to 7 in defuse.sqf are not commented out.

however, they are commented out in defuse.sqf

Ah, how dumb of me. Thanks

What did you change to the ieds? I think that's the one I'm using

Glad to see it updated to 1.07! I've got a fairly sizable complaint though. Using the ACE version it seems medics, medical tents, ambulances, etc do not work as they used to. When you disable the ACE wounding system it works great, but then you lose the detailed ACE wounding system. Also I seem to be unable to drive any vehicles already existing in the game world. (Civilian Vehicles, UH-60, MTVRs at base for example)

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

This is by far one of the best multi-stage "sandbox" coops out there and has been a favourite of our squad since its release. I have a short question regarding the "Clear the street of a location of AT mines." task in the ACE version of TFOR.

Bon, you wrote earlier:

There had been some incompatibilities to the ACE satchel charges. In other words, my "can only be destroyed by satchel charges" script made target objects indestructible instead (thanks to roy86 for pointing that out).

Apparently the indestructibility of the AT mines still persists in the ACE version of the latest TFOR, or am I mistaken? We tried several explosives on them, to no avail. AA radars and the likes are fine.

Thanks for sharing this mission with us, by the way! Especially together with ACE & ACRE we keep having a damn nice multiplayer experience - many, many thanks! :)