Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

Hi, im playing this SP. Are there any tweaks that i can do to help with gameplay? Is there any way i can get A.I support, like helo lifts or airstrikes in these missions?

Ive recruited an AI pilot as standby, but its a pain trying to deselect him all the time as my team goes out on missions.

Edited by Gameqb11

Hi Bon,

Amazing work here. will be using this mission tomorrow for our clan night! An i cant wait.

Can you give me some clarification on calling in the air support as sniper.

I have tried with the sniper class (at server startup), and by grabbing the sniper kits with other player slots.

using the designator I laze the target (after loading the battery of course), but for the life of me I cant find anything in any menu that lets me call the air strike.

tried ace menus and action menus.

am i missing something?

Hi — great mission any chance on being able to disable the classes? E.g I want to fly my troops in and drop them off then join them. I know it's not very realistic but for offline it adds to the fun!

Thanks Bon,

I have changed the tfor_east_inf but they are cut and pastes from your already defined TK_Army. Perhaps changing from MOL to TK causes deeper script issues that I can't find.

I will have to dig deeper I guess, things seem to work fine just trying to clean up Server Rpt.

Another Question: Can I substitute Planes for Helos in tfor_east_air?

Hi again,

all I was suspecting was maybe a little typo in the configs - a missing comma or quotes or something like this...

You cannot just replace the helos by planes, since the helos spawn on the ground at the heli port. You would need to modify the enemy_patrols_air.sqf first, in a way the units spawn flying already.

Hi Bon,

Amazing work here. will be using this mission tomorrow for our clan night! An i cant wait.

Can you give me some clarification on calling in the air support as sniper.

I have tried with the sniper class (at server startup), and by grabbing the sniper kits with other player slots.

using the designator I laze the target (after loading the battery of course), but for the life of me I cant find anything in any menu that lets me call the air strike.

tried ace menus and action menus.

am i missing something?

All you need to do is to slot in as sniper (what's a sniper kit btw?), select the laser designator. Then there should be an action menu entry saying something like "Call Bomber".

Hi — great mission any chance on being able to disable the classes? E.g I want to fly my troops in and drop them off then join them. I know it's not very realistic but for offline it adds to the fun!

In the config.sqf there are the arrays tfor_pilots, tfor_crewmen and tfor_sniper, e.g.

tfor_crewmen = ["US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","BAF_crewman_MTP"];

Clearing these arrays would remove the class restrictions.

tfor_crewmen = [];

and everybody can operate armored vehicles...

Thanks Bon, Got my server sorted now and really enjoying the mission. Thanks again.

All you need to do is to slot in as sniper (what's a sniper kit btw?), select the laser designator. Then there should be an action menu entry saying something like "Call Bomber".

By sniper kit I meant chosing the sniper preset from the backpack pile, regardless of what class you chose first.

So this will not work? even if you equip a laser desig.? you have to start as sniper class?

I have tried both: As sniper class, and chosing the sniper kit as another class.

Both give me no option for air strike.

Does this have something to do with not having a Commander? Does the commander have to authorize an airstrike?

By sniper kit I meant chosing the sniper preset from the backpack pile, regardless of what class you chose first.

So this will not work? even if you equip a laser desig.? you have to start as sniper class?

I have tried both: As sniper class, and chosing the sniper kit as another class.

Both give me no option for air strike.

Does this have something to do with not having a Commander? Does the commander have to authorize an airstrike?

As said, all you need to do is slotting in as sniper class, selecting laser designator, means, actually holding the laser designator in your hands, and you will have an action menu entry.

Great mission Bon, we are playing this all over Latin America.

Greets from México comrade :]

Guys, is it possible to 'skip' a mission that you don't like in the mission pool and it will start up the next mission?

Hi again,

all I was suspecting was maybe a little typo in the configs - a missing comma or quotes or something like this...

You cannot just replace the helos by planes, since the helos spawn on the ground at the heli port. You would need to modify the enemy_patrols_air.sqf first, in a way the units spawn flying already.

In the config.sqf there are the arrays tfor_pilots, tfor_crewmen and tfor_sniper, e.g.

tfor_crewmen = ["US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","BAF_crewman_MTP"];

Clearing these arrays would remove the class restrictions.

tfor_crewmen = [];

and everybody can operate armored vehicles...

Bon,

I tried disabling the array as you suggested, but soldiers still can't drive vehicles or pilot aircraft.

Also, can all classes become commander or call airstrikes with this as well?

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

^ I tested it some more, only works in MP. I was trying to use it in the SP version.

Would it be possible to have an option where you can "turn off" Regular Takistani army dudes and only have Irregular Militia men/Insurgents as the OpFor? That way, you could have sessions that feel like today's counter-insurgency missions that are going on in Afghanistan rather than being stuck in a conventional war.

Trooper, if you go to the mission config file you can change the enemy units there. It's not a switch to 'turn them on or off' but it will give you wantever mix of enemy units you would like to have.

I prefer the style of warfare you have suggested so I just changed the list of enemy soldier units to tha

Basically you'll need to open up the config file. If you scroll down you'll find the list of tfor_enemy_side = east. Then you'll see two lists, one for tfor_east_inf and one for tfor_east_militia. All I did was copy the militia list across to the inf list and then in all missions you'll have militia units as enemy. I also left a few of the TK_Special_Forces_TL_EP1 units in the list to make it look like the militia were receiving assistance for a regular force.

Just a word of warning, if you are not all that familiar with it I would copy and paste one unit at a time so that you maintain the correct syntax, otherwise you'll quickly break the game.

Have fun. :)

I just started trying out this mission for Lingor and Duala, but I'm not seeing any OPFOR from these islands. Instead I'm Russians, sometimes Takistani units. I've only looked around for about 30 minutes in each though, so i could be wrong.

Biggest problem I'm having is finding the weapon caches to blow up. I look all around the village and there's nothing.

EDIT: I found it on a roof halfway in the sky lol.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I spent some more time in the Duala version and I can confirm that I have engaged Molatian Army units. But I am still seeing Takis, usually in the form of light armored vehicle crews. Is TFOR incapable of spawning custom armored units?

I'm still not seeing any of the African Rebel units that comes with the Duala addon, the only militia units I've seen are White Chernarussian insurgents who look sooo out of place in this map!

i know i'm late to the party:

i've been trying Mosh's Earlier ports of TFOR for the many little know islands,

BUT the recruit AI box is ALWAYS empty.

Any chance of getting a short, concise, and 'simple' tutorial here for how to get the AI recruit to work again?

I'm sure i wont be the only one to learn and benefit from a quick "step-by-step" lesson (in layman language)

If not a PM would be appreciated instead.

PLEASE.

and Thanx in advance.

i know i'm late to the party:

i've been trying Mosh's Earlier ports of TFOR for the many little know islands,

BUT the recruit AI box is ALWAYS empty.

Any chance of getting a short, concise, and 'simple' tutorial here for how to get the AI recruit to work again?

I'm sure i wont be the only one to learn and benefit from a quick "step-by-step" lesson (in layman language)

If not a PM would be appreciated instead.

PLEASE.

and Thanx in advance.

I've been out of the loop for awhile myself, and am not totally sure of all the changes from 1.04 - 1.06. It is easier for me to just start all over with my ports... which I have started today.

For now just simple ports, merging everything to different islands with no changes to Bon's scripts... if I remember correctly I really don't need to change anything unless I want to start using custom units or vehicles, which I won't for now.

Also there's many new islands to download and test for me so might be a few days... downloading all of them today to make sure I have newest version and there's a lot more than I remember.

As for a step-by-step guide the simplest way is to:

1. load your favorite version (mine is always TFOR South Takistan) in the editor

2. copy all the units/markers/etc (left click, make a big box covering all units and hit control-c), I hit F6 first to show markers... just to make sure I'm covering everything

3. open new mission on island you want to use, name it (something to reflect your changes), save it

4. control-v to paste all your units/markers/etc, move everything to where you want, edit the infantry units so the officer is 'player' and the other 19 are 'playable', and save

5. copy entire contents of bons original mission (except for mission.sqm) into your newly created mission... DO NOT overwrite mission.sqm in your new mission

That is the simple no frills way. Certain islands don't cooperate, but most do.

Hopefully that gets you started on your own conversions.

Thanks again Bon!

i wasn't even trying to do my own Ports.

i was actually using the very ones YOU already ported.

the ONLY problem is that the Recruit AI box is ALWAYS Blank.

There is just no way to recruit and build an AI Fire Team.

THANKS too for the quick response.

That was very cool.

Here's a few new (quick and simple) ports... don't use any of the older ones as they are very outdated.

http://www.moshland.com/downloads/tfor_M.zip (duala, lingor, celle, hellskitchen, torabora, fallujah)

If I get time I plan on doing more islands and a few with custom units.

Here's a few new (quick and simple) ports... don't use any of the older ones as they are very outdated.

http://www.moshland.com/downloads/tfor_M.zip (duala, lingor, celle, hellskitchen, torabora, fallujah)

If I get time I plan on doing more islands and a few with custom units.

Thank you very much!

Much Appreciated!

How to increase the number of concurrent missions of up to two?

Or at least choose a location for certain missions?

changelog

• FIXED: rearming vehicles at FOB is not possible anymore
  • FIXED: Deconstructing commander assets using construction interface does not refund corresponding funds
  • FIXED: rearming vehicles at service points sometimes added too many magazines to vehicle turrets
  • ADDED: after 15min mission time JIPs have the possibility to start right from the FOB/MASH
  • ADDED: Mission parameter to individually disable or double amount enemy cars (besides infantry and armor)
  • ADDED: air patrols now also support planes (by adding plane types to tfor_east_air, resp. tfor_west_air list)
  • ADDED: information overlay showing the crew of the player's current vehicle
  • ADDED: player tags (player names appearing on the screen when looking at them)
  • ADDED: parameter to enable civilian traffic (has effects only on islands that support the Civilian Module)
  • ADDED: 2 new mission tasks: "clear minefield" and "mark AA installations with laser designator"
  • CHANGED: removed ALL vehicles and unnecessary objects from base, in order to reduce network load
  • ADDED: vehicles can now be constructed using the construction interface
  • ADDED: mission parameter to unlock special vehicles like tanks, gunships by destroying enemy assets
  • ADDED: (variable to define) default cargo content for all constructed vehicles of type "car"
  • CHANGED: increased randomness of picking a route through locations
  • ADDED: cabin lights in transport aircrafts
  • FIXED: at night, the camera in the outro does not switch to night vision
  • CHANGED: long range weapons restricted to snipers now
  • CHANGED: pilots cannot carry any launchers anymore
  • FIXED: IEDs sometimes spawn beneath ground level and hence cannot be seen nor defused
  • CHANGED: decreased factor of enemy occurrence according to number players (was ok for less players, too much for many players)
  • ADDED: with some chance friendly AI units reinforce the player's team from time to time
  • CHANGED: the number IEDs is now computed automatically depending on size of map and number of road segments
  • CHANGED: commander does not need to build artillery cannons anymore in order to access the artillery request system
  • FIXED: sometimes the enemy Heli Park spawned way outside the map, especially on smaller maps
  • CHANGED: improved the search for appropriate places for enemy reinforcements to spawn
  • some minor performance improvements and bug fixes

Download (dev-heaven.net)

I am going to add respective ACE editions soon, so don't worry.

ACE editions added. You can now choose between the regular Injury System and ACE Wounds.

Next would be some ports to custom islands. Porting the mission is now easier than ever, and takes about 5 to 10 minutes, however, do you have any suggestions and special wishes? Let me know. :)

hf.

Edited by Bon

Cheers Bon, another great release!! Thanks for all your hard work.

Maby wrong threat...

Here is fully reworked X-force on Zargabad and Pantera islands by me (Kol9yN) and members of RU community (Operator, Dominges)

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/BI3L7JVI6H

Mission fully oriented on hardcore clan teamplays!

Features:

- ACE+Acre

- Reworked FOB (by Kol9yN)

- Global ammobox (by Operator)

- Reworked ServicePoint (both)

- Cuted F8cking curve COIN sys

- Removed HC

- More fixes and little features (both)

- Improve script perfomance

- Fix error when players cant destroy Radar

and more and more...

Who wish please download&overview and say thinks about ;)

Thanks to Bon for this mission! Waiting reports :)

Edited by J-Guid