Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

Bon,

I know you have commented on this already in thread but its challenging to search for half an hour for the Cache and can't find it. I assume it is embedded in a building wall or object where we can't see it and players lose interest so we have to restart mission.

We find the notepads and it says we have additional info but nobody can see any info?

I'm lost a bit here on what to do in these situations?

There's two different mission tasks about blowing a cache. If you could find notepads and paper stuff to pick up, you probably played the insurgency-like one. Be aware that the cache in this task can be placed ANYWHERE on the map, even on the other side. By picking up items black question marks will appear on the map with some approx distance value that preciseness increases the more intel you pick up. I can assure you, those markers where there, you probably just didn't see them because you didn't zoom out the map enough...

You should always enable a limit for the team to be allowed to die during a task, set it at least to 24 (never managed to fail a task due to 24 team deaths...). Then you can at least force/ask all players to respawn a few times to force a task fail in case you get stuck with a mission...

And make sure you read the mission task description carefully enough.

hf.

Bon,

I made a RACS TFOR conversion for anyone who loves the Project RACS that WLD427 did as much as I do. I don't normally post my missions public but wanted to let all the other RACS enthusiast get started with something.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8FPRZFO

Requires PRACS Addon here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1932903#post1932903

Although I normally heavily modify my TFOR missions this is pretty much a straight conversion from Takistan South.

Have Fun! Love the Mission Bon, Love the PRACS Mod.

Edited by vengeance1
Updated post to include add mission

changelog

I'd like to draw your attention to the first point on the list.

So far enemy reinforcements either spawned, but didn't move away from their spawn location, spawned too late or not at all. Due to this being fixed, the whole gameplay has been changed:

Now the mission searches for a position around the objective area starting with 800m distance, increasing up to 1500m distance, until a spot was found with distance at least 500m away from any human player. So the consequence is that enemy reinforcements usually use open flanks to enter the AO, and that the player team can force enemy reinforcements to spawn farther away by covering the AO from all sides.

Furthermore enemies now keep pressure on the team by continuously moving into the AO - if this becomes too stressful for you, remember you can deactivate reinforcements with a mission parameter.

Another interesting improvement is that enemy camps now become more dangerous with distance to your home base. Camps farther away may have static weapons and are placed on top of hills next to roads in a way enemies can efficiently engage targets on those roads. Furthermore enemies at camps may decide to move to near roads to wait there for targets to pass by. So be aware of that.

In the download section besides the basic tfor missions on Takistan, Zargabad and Chernarus and their ACE editions you will find:

• Ports to the following custom islands:
    • Duala, Lingor by Icebreakr
    • Everon 2010 by Hotzenplotz

[*]FHW edits of some of the missions. (details: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/takistan-force/wiki/Fhw_edit)

[*]A stock ArmA2 version with all OA dependencies eliminated (I hope), with regards to the upcoming release of A2 Free.

I am sorry this update took a while, but real life keeps me pretty busy atm. And because this won't change for probably the rest of the year, you can actually consider this the very final version of this coop, no more updates to expect unless you report a serious bug on dev-heaven.net.

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/takistan-force/files

hf.

This is great, got to update all my mission but hey some great new stuff, so are you saying the "Mobile UAV Terminal" now works?

tfor_mobileuavterminals = ["HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1"];

Can we use it as a Backpack?

That is some great news, looking forward to try it out this weekend.

Once more - encourage everyone, looking for quality COOP sessions to give TFORCE a test. Haven't been able to find anything better, and trust me, I was trying hard. In the end - just chose to stick with TFORCE, introducing small tweaks of my own here & then (which is incredibly easy to do since the code is as clean as it gets).

What 1nside said.

bon is true genious. :)

Clean, simple (kinda), easy to edit and endless replayablility.

We play this very often on our server. (Click the img in my sig) Im also starting to add custom tasks. Hostage rescue for example is already done. Should i post that on dev-heaven? Sharing custom tasks would be cool. :)

Great Work Bon,

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this mission. It is great to play.

Hey guys, what would be the simplest way of adding a 'hint marker' to each mission? I know there used to be one in the Hunt for Waldo series. I play this most of the time as a single mission and am having troubles finding caches, downed pilots etc sometimes. Assistance would be much appreciated. :)

Hey Bon,

Long time no chat, how's thing with you mate?

I've been having some fun with TFOR again (never get tired of it thanks mate) and I was wondering if you could advise on how I can laser target from the observers seat of the UH-1Y? ie using the laser ball thingo on the nose of the chopper.

I can see that I can change the players class in the init however I am guessing I also need to change the weapon, is that right? Is there anything else I need to change in order to get that to work please mate?

Hey Bon,

Long time no chat, how's thing with you mate?

I've been having some fun with TFOR again (never get tired of it thanks mate) and I was wondering if you could advise on how I can laser target from the observers seat of the UH-1Y? ie using the laser ball thingo on the nose of the chopper.

I can see that I can change the players class in the init however I am guessing I also need to change the weapon, is that right? Is there anything else I need to change in order to get that to work please mate?

Hey Jas,

how you doin' mate? Glad you still enjoy the mission.

Unfortunately I don't understand your question. Did you mean lazing for artillery? Should work just as with a laser designator, though I didn't try it myself yet.

Or did you ask how to use it generally? Shouldn't be a secret. Think you need to right-click to switch to gunner cam and then left-click to toggle the laser.

Or what did you mean? Why and where to change player class? :confused:

Ok now I'm confused.

Played this other night and the AA AI soldiers dont have any AA weapons? Could someone else please confirm this. It was 1.06 BAF S or BAF N on taki...Good mission btw :)

Hey Bon,

Sorry if I waffled there and wasn't very clear.

For your custom laser designation script that brings in an A10 when the correct player class (sniper by default) uses a laser designator.

I am wanting to change that so that a pilot in a UH-Y chopper, who is using the choppers laser designator can call up the A-10.

I have tried simply changing the player class in your script but when I am in the chopper laser designator I don't get the action menu to call in the A-10.

I was wondering if you had any tips.

Cheers, Jas

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

One more thing please Bon ...... is there anyway of increasing the amount of ambient civilian activity?

ah, i get it.

well, in the bon_lasertargeting\init.sqf there is the line to define the condition to access the "call bomber" action:

bon_laser_condition = "currentWeapon player=='Laserdesignator'";

That needs to be extended so that it also becomes true when you're in the observer seat of the UH1Y. Unfortunately, I don't know how to check for that condition, think best would be to open a new thread in the editing and scripting section of this forum - BUT SEARCH FIRST.

To increase civilian presence open the initserver.sqf and extend the piece of code below by the highlighted code:

// create ambient civilian life
if(tfor_ambient_civs == 1) then {
tfor_ALICE_GroupLogic = createGroup sideLogic;
tfor_ALICE = tfor_ALICE_GroupLogic createUnit ["Alice2Manager",[0,0,0],[],0,"NONE"];

tfor_ALICE setVariable ["ALICE_civilianinit",[{
	_this addEventHandler ["Killed",{
		if(side (_this select 1) == tfor_friendly_side || isNull (_this select 1)) then{
			tfor_deathcount = tfor_deathcount + tfor_civilian_deathcosts;
			publicVariable "tfor_deathcount";
		};
	}];
}]];
       [color="Blue"]tfor_ALICE setvariable ["civilianCount","round (%1 / 10)"];[/color]
};

For what "round (%1 / 10)" means consult the biki article about the ambient civilian module, subsection civilianCount:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilians

and adjust this part accordingly.

hf.

WallyJas,

If you get the UH1Y Laser working for "Call Bomber" please post here.

Thanks

Will do Vengence.

Bon,

One of my all time favourite missions in Hunt for Waldo was the one where you had to search for intel in silver cases hidden in a village. It was a great change in mission dynamics from the usual. Do you think there is any chance you would be able to do a conversion from HW to TFOR for us please?

Question?

The mission were one has to find clues on downed enemies to possibly locate an Ammo Crate.

We found a bunch of clues to the point that we had about 5 hints showing the location within 50m. We found a crate that we could use that was definitely OpFor but now what? Nothing special to do with it and couldn't even blow it up either... did we miss something?

Bon,

One of my all time favourite missions in Hunt for Waldo was the one where you had to search for intel in silver cases hidden in a village. It was a great change in mission dynamics from the usual. Do you think there is any chance you would be able to do a conversion from HW to TFOR for us please?

I don't think so. I just don't have the time.

Question?

The mission were one has to find clues on downed enemies to possibly locate an Ammo Crate.

We found a bunch of clues to the point that we had about 5 hints showing the location within 50m. We found a crate that we could use that was definitely OpFor but now what? Nothing special to do with it and couldn't even blow it up either... did we miss something?

You need to blow it up (what should work, as it is a simple crate, nothing special with it). Sorry the task description doesn't say that explicitly.

Nothing special to do with it and couldn't even blow it up either... did we miss something?

Did you try blowing it up with C4 mate? For alot of Bon's missions you need the C4 to do the dirty work, nothing else will work.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I don't think so. I just don't have the time.

That's a shame, but no worries mate I understand.

Bon,

I have busy at work finishing a TFOR conversion and want to include civilians not covered by Ambient Civilian Module.

I have them spawning when players are near, but have had no success getting them to use your Bon AI_Mov FSM. I am particularly interested in getting them to do the "HIDE" action if any fighting starts around them, or at least if BLUFOR are near.

If I am to trigger the Bon AI_Mov FSM by trigger how would I initialize that ?

@UGLY58: I have a readme for this script flying around here somewhere, let me see if I can find and just copy-paste it...

...Here you go, hope that helps. In the activation field of your trigger the script needs to be called like described below:

Script Call:

_n = [<group>,<position>,<type>] execFSM "bon_ai_movement.fsm";

1. parameter: the group the fsm shall be applied on. can be

- group

- unit

2. parameter: the center. can be

- 3-dim. array [x,y,z]

- object

- string, i.e. a marker name

3. parameter: type as a string, can be

- "patrol", for letting group patrol in a circle around centre

- "hide", for letting group search for enterable houses to fortify inside; (if no such house exists, group switches to patrol mode)

- "standby", for letting group search for a chillplace to hold there.

4. parameter (optional): max. radius around the center

EXAMPLES:

#########

inside a unit's init line to let the unit's group

patrol in a circle around the marker "locationmarker":

_n = [group this,"locationmarker","patrol"] execFSM "bon_ai_movement.fsm";

or:

_n = [this,"locationmarker","patrol"] execFSM "bon_ai_movement.fsm";

inside a script to let the group of _unit

hide inside a house near the player:

[_unit,player,"hide"] execFSM "bon_ai_movement.fsm";

inside a script to let the group of _unit

search for a key position around the player to move and hold there:

[_unit,player,"standby"] execFSM "bon_ai_movement.fsm";

Bon,

Awesome !

Such an efficient piece of coding and thanks again for helping the less gifted.

Hi Bon,

Hey any idea why I would be getting this error in my Server Report File?

Error Type Any, expected String

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.isladuala\funcs\func_spawninf.sqf, line 43

Error in expression <" from 1 to _strength do {

_unit = _Grp createUnit [_allunits select (round rand>

Error position: <createUnit [_allunits select (round rand>

Any help is appreciated

Hi vengeance1,

sorry, I can only guess: in the config.sqf, there is a typo either in tfor_west_inf or tfor_east_inf (or tfor_east_militia).

As I assume you did not modify the funcs\func_spawninf.sqf script it must be an error with what the script is using but defined somewhere else. Apart from the input parameters its only those arrrays. But as said, only a guess.

Hi Bon,

Hey any idea why I would be getting this error in my Server Report File?

Error Type Any, expected String

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.isladuala\funcs\func_spawninf.sqf, line 43

Error in expression <" from 1 to _strength do {

_unit = _Grp createUnit [_allunits select (round rand>

Error position: <createUnit [_allunits select (round rand>

Any help is appreciated

Thanks Bon,

I have changed the tfor_east_inf but they are cut and pastes from your already defined TK_Army. Perhaps changing from MOL to TK causes deeper script issues that I can't find.

I will have to dig deeper I guess, things seem to work fine just trying to clean up Server Rpt.

Another Question: Can I substitute Planes for Helos in tfor_east_air?