Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

A pilot should fly ammo and soldiers in, no need to make it a commander option

@Unger: Nice work, enjoyed reading this - screenshots are well done, too. Also thanks to Kharrn from me.

@Pauld: thanks for the input; I just finished a small "Supply Drop Management System": non-commanding players can request any kind of supply drops (only objects, no AI units), commanders can grant or deny these requests....

@Neopas: Alright, thx, really glad you like it.

hf.

Thanks!!!

To edit the construction list you have to make some small changes to the file bon_construction\init.sqf. However, I recommend to wait for the next version to come out - there will be a simple interface to get all kinds of backpacks near the ammo boxes. It would then come down to you adding mortar backpacks to the backpack list, which then, can just be put into any vehicle's cargo and set up wherever you want it.

hf.

I am having troubles getting the air strike to work ..... I am a sniper, I laser the target, get a little red dot, call the air strike, he says he is locked on, he makes an approach, gets to about 1500m and then he flys away. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by WallyJas

Hey ho.

Keep it lazed. The bomber always comes in from the same direction, however, can only drop the bomb from where it can "see" the laser reflection. So if it doesn't drop the bomb in the first approach, it most likely returns and tries it again and again until the bomb is away.

First of all, thanks very much for the mission. Definitely among the best out there.

I had a couple questions, and please excuse me for being a newbie, and I have only had Arma 2/OA at all for about 2 weeks, didn't play Arma 1...so I am very new to all this.

• How exactly do you build an artillery fire base, as it says you can in the OP? I could not for the life of me figure out how.
  • At one point I got a comm message saying something like "you have 20 rounds of XYZ available for artillery strike" (sorry don't remember the exact text), but I could not figure out how to use this. What caused this message to happen, and how do I use it?
  • Is there any way/place to recruit AIs other than the main base? The reason I ask is, I will deploy a rally point, which it seems I can respawn to, but if I lose any of my AIs, I have to go back to base to replace them.

Again thanks! Great mission!

Nice mission(s) :)

We played it a lot with my game team and enjoyed all the features.

Just want to tell about an incident ... after a mission completion, n°2 out of 3, we went for air transport on a Chinook, in the process... well don't know what happens I have deploy my rally-point -without knowing it- probably while trying to climb in the Chinook rear. Looking on the map, I have seen there was a red flag, so I jumped out of chopper and run to the point ... it disappears from sight just as I was reaching it and unable to retrieve it later ... I had to disconnect and get back in game with a working rally-point.

• How exactly do you build an artillery fire base, as it says you can in the OP? I could not for the life of me figure out how.
  • At one point I got a comm message saying something like "you have 20 rounds of XYZ available for artillery strike" (sorry don't remember the exact text), but I could not figure out how to use this. What caused this message to happen, and how do I use it?
  • Is there any way/place to recruit AIs other than the main base? The reason I ask is, I will deploy a rally point, which it seems I can respawn to, but if I lose any of my AIs, I have to go back to base to replace them.

Hi Joehunk.

For artillery construction and usage check out post #61.

For the possibility to recruit AI other than in main base I am working out a solution atm.

@Old_Bear: Thanks, will check out if I can reproduce this problem.

Thanks for the replies! I did eventually think to click on the mission "Notes" on the map which does clearly show where artillery could be built, so that is working.

One minor bug to report about artillery is that if you have some people manning artillery in your squad, and you die or are wounded, someone else in your squad will take over. In the process, he might order the people manning your artillery to do something weird, and it seems to put the artillery in a bad state. The "Call Artillery" disappears from your command menu. What's really weird is that you go back to base and the guys are still there in the artillery, they just won't do anything (not even disembark). I have been able to fix it by disassembling the artillery batteries, rebuilding them, and reassigning your men to them. This does not happen every time you die/are wounded, but seems to happen maybe half the time.

Great to hear you are working on a solution for recruiting away from base.

Still playing the mission in Team with my Clan. Very good mission !

Tonite we play some intense pursuits we weren't accustomed to while playing ArmA2 ^^.

I have seen again the issue I have speak about in my previous post. I believe it's related to the rallypoint been set nearby a camp or a FOB. At the end of the mission these item are erased from the map; if the the rallypoint is nearby it will be erased with the camp/FOB and can't be retrieved afterward.

Edited by Old Bear

Still playing the mission in Team with my Clan. Very good mission !

Tonite we play some intense pursuits we weren't accustomed to while playing ArmA2 ^^.

I have seen again the issue I have speak about in my previous post. I believe it's related to the rallypoint been set nearby a camp or a FOB. At the end of the mission these item are erased from the map; if the the rallypoint is nearby it will be erased with the camp/FOB and can't be retrieved afterward.

Glad to hear you're still playing it. New version to be released within the next days.

Regarding the "rallypoint disappearing" problem, I couldn't reproduce it yet, though tried, however, your suspicion sounds reasonable. When the FOB gets moved, all object types being part of the FOB composition withing a certain range get removed, and if you plant your rallypoint close to it, of course gets removed, too, and you're doomed.

But please tell me, why to deploy a rallypoint near the FOB in the first place? :confused:

hf.

In fact my team mate was surprised by an hostile camp presence nearby the camp and as 1st move deploy his rally point just before engaging.

He has left it there and he forgot to move it after cleaning the enemy camp.

I've been having fun with this mission in single player.

Playing kind of "high command LITE". Pick the team leader, move to objective or to the FOP , even simple missions like bringing ammo in a truck can be a tough mission.

It would be nice to keep the AI units when switching teams.

Not having artillery or any kind of support makes single player a little hard but once it gets dark a small team can go nuts.

I have also been enjoying TFOR as an SP game and it's great. I would prefer to see both the 'stop convoy' and 'capture officer' missions being changed to how they were in HW2, I feel those versions were far more interesting. ;)

changelog:

• FIXED: dragging screws up the first aid system
  • FIXED: player remains in full health after getting kicked out of a destroyed vehicle by the first aid system
  • FIXED: convoy in "stop convoy" task sometimes spawns inside rocks / below groundlevel
  • FIXED: sometimes AI recruits spawn inside barracks and get stuck
  • CHANGED: merged both the missions "destroy scud" and "destroy AA radar"
  • CHANGED: changed truck type in "bringtruck" task to ammotruck (makes more sense somehow :-)
  • CHANGED: first aid system: red blurring instead of black fadeouts when becoming unconscious.
  • CHANGED: rallypoints: You must be at least 500m away from the current FOB to deploy a rallypoint.
  • CHANGED: fob: Ammobox with complete content at FOPs
  • CHANGED: misc: M2A2 to M2A3; added values to parameter for daytime; loadingscreen slideshow
  • ADDED: possibility to equip with many kinds of backpacks by using a simple list menu
  • ADDED: parameter to choose between 1. FOPs & Rallypoints, 2. FOPs only, 3. none of them
  • ADDED: possibility to save loadout at ammocrates (incl. backpacks and -content)
  • ADDED: killing civilians increases the deathcount
  • ADDED: BAF edition, Zargabad edition
  • ADDED: 3 additional tasks
  • ADDED: pilots can drop loaded ammunition now while airborne (actual supply drops with parachutes and stuff...)
  • ADDED: commander role; commander has access to UAV; can grant/decline supply drops requested by other players
  • ADDED: commander also can construct several useful things like additional barracks, command post, field hospital...
  • ADDED: parameter to restrict artillery construction to commander
  • ADDED: hide an enemy heli park somewhere on the map; destroy it in order to cut enemy air patrols
  • ADDED: own AI now tracked on map if markersystem enabled

Downloadlink:

takistan-force.net (also updated the first post)

Not as many changes as some may have expected (was pretty busy during the last months). However, the focus in this update is...

the Commander role:

Not important to solve the mission, the commander can make life much easier.

• The UAV can be used to detect high value targets and hostages in no time (e.g. rescue pilot task).
  • Troops can now request assets like vehicles and ammunition/weapons while in the battlefield. The request granted by the commander, a C130 moves in to the drop zone and drops the requested supplies.
  • Being close to the MHQ (a MEV Stryker), the commander can build
    • command posts providing access to the supplydrop management and UAV,
    • additional respawn points,
    • additional barracks for recruiting,
    • AA launchers...

The list of assets can easily be extended using the enclosed config script.

Besides that stuff and some minor tweaks and improvements, I still hope people can have some fun with the new version anyway.

The downloadable archive comes now also with the unpacked mission files, so that everyone can easily load it in the mission editor in order to extend/modify/customize the mission to match individual preferences.

Regarding to an ACE edition of the new version, further information will follow (however, such edition does not exist yet, and once again I'd appreciate any effort on community's side :D).

Hf.

WOW have not see these before, awesome work, your missions seem easy to transport to other maps as well only issue I have come across is the "Construction" when using the MEV Stryker, everything goes BLACK and locks up.

What do you think causes this?

Great stuff!

You need to be on the commander slot for this i think.

By the way we all could group up and play this mission together on a specific date, together with bon on the tfor server.

With ts3 and acre maybe.

What would you say?

Edited by Pain0815

Thanks for the response Pain but I was the Commander, both the UAV and the Construction "Lock Up" when transferred to New Map, everything else seems to work great.

I had it on my Dedi Server last night for Podagorsk and it was a ton of fun as long as you don't use UAV or Construction.

If anyone knows how to fix these 2 things it should work fine.

only issue I have come across is the "Construction" when using the MEV Stryker, everything goes BLACK and locks up.

What do you think causes this?

I know the issue, looks like the interface takes a long time to initialize, or the interface initializes fast, but the logic behind it takes longer (don't know exactly whats going on there, as the Construction and UAV interface is all Bohemia code I just extracted from the respective modules). But I only had it using the editor preview, not on MP and especially never on a dedicated server environment.

However, I think how to fix it is just trying to open the interface again (whilst having this black screen): Scroll with the mouse wheel as you did before, and press left mouse button. Repeat that a few times if necessary.