Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

played it yesterday with 3 more people - and we had as 2nd mission the "S+R Pilot" one and once again the pilot is missing ...

Its just the same thing as :

But we couldnt solve the "Save the pilot" task even we cleared the city from enemy presence,destroyed the BHwreck- the pilot was no where to be found

Also,i know you can disable enemy reinforcements via the parameter but for my taste they are way to high in numbers/time - its just like a stream of enemy presence repeating itself ...

I guess you have like 5min alone @ a cleared objective before reinforcements come in - which is a bummer playing with a low number of people

And NO,disabling enemy reinforcements isnt the solution im looking for :rolleyes:

changelog

• FIXED: marking fuel dump in resp. mission does not work sometimes.

Updated link in the first post.

Am sorry guys,

frequent updates are absolutely not my kind of thing. However, this one little fix is more than necessary, and the last one for at least the next six weeks.

After that I am going to focus on scripting new tasks for this mission.

Hf.

Bon 1.01 version has bug with the dragging animation for the revive script, you are able to drag someone but when you drop them they seem to get stuck in the drag animation once stuck in the animation you are unable to revive them.

Bon 1.01 version has bug with the dragging animation for the revive script, you are able to drag someone but when you drop them they seem to get stuck in the drag animation once stuck in the animation you are unable to revive them.

Thx Pauld, fixed.

How does one call in Arty? Also, are you working on a BAF version?

Do not recruit more than 4 soldiers in total. Go to the area on the airfield marked for artillery (check ingame notes). There you can use the construction interface to set up some howitzers. Man the built guns with your AI, then you will get an action menu entry to call in artillery. For the rest, check post #61.

And a clear NO on a BAF version (at least from my side).

hf.

Hey Bon, first of all I wanna congratulate you for this awesome mission, one of the best for OA!

Our community have played it a lot and I've started working in a modified version that suits even more our needs, and followed some player suggestions..

Came up that we loved it even more!!!

My question is...are you allowing modified versions of your mission to be released to the A2 Community, like Warfare/Domi missions? You even mention editing it to change the mission to EAST side inside the cfgs.. :D

Are you still working on a new version of the mission or you consider it final? More objectives would be awesome, and it would make the mission even more dynamic..

Thanks man!

My question is...are you allowing modified versions of your mission to be released to the A2 Community, like Warfare/Domi missions?

Well, I'd even LOVE to see other people/communities modify and/edit this mission. That's the reason why I tried to set it up a bit like a framework, and extracted so many things to the config file, just to make modifying easier, also by other people than me.

You even mention editing it to change the mission to EAST side inside the cfgs.. :D

Not gonna make an EAST version. But tried to minimize the effort one has to spend to do it on his/her own.

Are you still working on a new version of the mission or you consider it final? More objectives would be awesome, and it would make the mission even more dynamic..

There will come new versions sooner or later. Me myself would like to have some more features (which I lack of ideas for, though), and, what I am definitely going to do is adding more tasks - my aim is to have at least 20 different tasks in this mission. But that's not gonna happen 'till next month, since I am pretty busy atm.

Anyways, glad you like it.

hf.

I would like to see a Chernarussian version of the map! Love to be ambushed driving down a dusty old road as and RPG flies out of the the treeline and slams into your lead Humvee and ruskies surround you.

I'm glad to hear you like the idea, and I can also tell I love the way you set up the cfgs, with a little bit of attention/testing I was able to learn a lot from your work!

We are happy to know that more missions are on the way, and who knows what else you could be planning for us... :)

I guess I'll just wait for that mission pack and update to release here in this topic my version of the mission, so people who enjoy it can also try a modified version.

Thanks again for that awesome job!

Cheers

ArmaholicBR

Bon, it seems Ive found the bug why the pilot is sometimes placed at [0,0,0] (rescuepilot.sqf)!

The buildingpositions are indexed from 0 to max. So when

43: _house = _houses call getRandomElement;

graps a house - eg. [12b64200# 25681: house_k_1_ep1.p3d,6] - it has 6 positions in the house, ranging from #0 to #5.

The problem is that

45: _buildingpos = 1 max (round random (_house select 1));

can grap the max of 6 in this example, which leads to an index error (theres no position #6 - #5 is the highest) and the position is resetted to [0,0,0]!

I guess its the same problem as with the searchcache, but I havent tested yet.

(confirmed - youre using the same routine to get a place for the cache!)

Edited by Zothen

never encountered the pilot to be placed at [0,0,0].

and the routine works fine:

_i = 0;
while{building has buildingpos _i} do {_i=_i+1};
_maxbuildingposindex = _i-1;

because of the last line, the result can't contain an index out of bounds.

The thing with the cache being placed at [0,0,0] in fact had its cause in the problem that

nearestObjects[..,["House"],..]

not always detects all houses around, and that the check for the routine to have found a house at all was missing.

Bon, it seems Ive found the bug why the pilot is sometimes placed at [0,0,0] (rescuepilot.sqf)!

The buildingpositions are indexed from 0 to max. So when

43: _house = _houses call getRandomElement;

graps a house - eg. [12b64200# 25681: house_k_1_ep1.p3d,6] - it has 6 positions in the house, ranging from #0 to #5.

The problem is that

45: _buildingpos = 1 max (round random (_house select 1));

can grap the max of 6 in this example, which leads to an index error (theres no position #6 - #5 is the highest) and the position is resetted to [0,0,0]!

I guess its the same problem as with the searchcache, but I havent tested yet.

(confirmed - youre using the same routine to get a place for the cache!)

Edited by Bon

never encountered the pilot to be placed at [0,0,0].

and the routine works fine:

_i = 0;
while{building has buildingpos _i} do {_i=_i+1};
_maxbuildingposindex = _i-1;

because of the last line, the result can't contain an index out of bounds.

Ok, found the limitation, but it still seems to be bugged. getenterablehouses returns e.g. [12b64200# 25681: house_k_1_ep1.p3d,6] and when I use the highest index that the randomized housepositions can return (6 in this case) the pilots position is set to [0,0,0].

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

A test:

if((count _houses) > 0) then {

_house = _houses call getRandomElement;
player globalChat format["pilot house FULL: %1 ",_house];
//_buildingpos = 1 max (round random (_house select 1));
_buildingpos = (_house select 1);
_house = _house select 0;
_pilot setPos (_house buildingPos _buildingpos);
player globalChat format["pilot house: %1 pos %2 posNr. %3",_house, _house buildingPos _buildingpos, _buildingpos];
player setPos [0,0,0];

} else {
_pilot setPos [(_pos select 0) + _size - round random (2*_size),(_pos select 1) + _size - round random (2*_size),0];
};

Voilá, Pilot is next to you at [0,0,0].

Edited by Zothen

I found the problem, it was as small as evil.

Here's my function to retrieve all enterable houses with their maximum building index:

// by Bon_Inf*
//
// INPUT: position, radius
// OUTPUT: array with elements [house,int],
//	   for all houses in given radius around
//	   given position which can be entered, and
//	   int the max. buildingpos of the house

_position = _this select 0;
_radius = _this select 1;

_houses = nearestObjects[_position,["House"],_radius];

_houses_enterable=[];

{
_house = _x;
_i = 0;
While{count ((_house buildingPos _i)-[0]) > 0} do {_i = _i+1};
_maxbuildingpos = _i - 1;

if(_maxbuildingpos>0) then{
	_houses_enterable = _houses_enterable + [[_house,[color="Red"]_i[/color]]];
};
} foreach _houses;

_houses_enterable

The highlighted _i actually should be _maxbuildingpos in order to have the line "_maxbuildingpos = _i - 1;" to have any effect.

So here is the corrected code:

// by Bon_Inf*
//
// INPUT: position, radius
// OUTPUT: array with elements [house,int],
//	   for all houses in given radius around
//	   given position which can be entered, and
//	   int the max. buildingpos of the house

_position = _this select 0;
_radius = _this select 1;

_houses = nearestObjects[_position,["House"],_radius];

_houses_enterable=[];

{
_house = _x;
_i = 0;
While{count ((_house buildingPos _i)-[0]) > 0} do {_i = _i+1};
_maxbuildingpos = _i - 1;

if(_maxbuildingpos>0) then{
	_houses_enterable = _houses_enterable + [[_house,_maxbuildingpos]];
};
} foreach _houses;

_houses_enterable

Situations in which this bug causes problems are seldom, but the dimension of these problems are huge, so thanks heaps for your hint which made me reconsidering the code.

Lol, I was staring at the while-loop for a time that felt like ages, without getting an idea where the damn problem was. Too blind to see that the problem was actually in the line below! Trees and woods, hehe!

is it possible to let other soldier type to parachute instead of only pilot?

How can I remove the pilot requirement for driving vehicles?

From one of our guys at TFB where it seems that TFOR is on most nights.

Map Issue

I did not know if you were aware of this issue or not, but here goes: Coop 20 TFOR N v1.02 has a revive bug. When you drag someone, you cannot administer first aid. Also, some pubbers have said that there is a problem with creating an account for the forums. I know your bogged down with work so no worries. Just trying to give a heads up.

@Bon - Wanted to know if/how to add the M252 to artillery for construction.

Thanks.

Coop 20 TFOR N v1.02 has a revive bug. When you drag someone, you cannot administer first aid. Also, some pubbers have said that there is a problem with creating an account for the forums. I know your bogged down with work so no worries. Just trying to give a heads up.

Hey there, how's it goin? Me, am almost through with all my work to do, and come up soon with lots of free time to continue working and expanding this mission. To your notes:

The drag thingy in v1.02 was already known to me and has been fixed for the next version.

And: what forum you meant in particular? And you know the problem to register in detail?

@Bon - Wanted to know if/how to add the M252 to artillery for construction.

To edit the construction list you have to make some small changes to the file bon_construction\init.sqf. However, I recommend to wait for the next version to come out - there will be a simple interface to get all kinds of backpacks near the ammo boxes. It would then come down to you adding mortar backpacks to the backpack list, which then, can just be put into any vehicle's cargo and set up wherever you want it.

hf.

Bon ...... you know how to make the most epic missions :)

yap, bon always makes nice missions :cool:

thanks for your work m8...downloading now!!!

:yay:

I am thinking about introducing a commander role.

This role can recruit only a very few and non-special types of AI soldiers, but has access to a UAV and maybe high command (if I get this MP compatible).

I also would restrict the possibility to setup artillery just to the commander.

What do you think of that idea?

Clawing for ideas for new tasks and features to expand this mission I remain unsuccessful...