Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

Glad you like the mission guys.

@Pauld: yeah, that's an ArmA issue, exists longer than I play the game. And regarding to captured enemy aircrafts - won't be possible anymore by the next update.

BTW all of you, this mission has its space now on dev-heaven.net:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/takistan-force

Please report bugs or other issues as well as suggestions to this platform, as it is way more effective.

You can easily sign in as "guest" (password is "guest", too) and submit new issues in the "New issue" section. Thanks.

Hf.

while the mission idea is great,i find the shooting accuracy of enemy AI to be too godlike. i was operating a tank and encountered a group of foot patrol,the shots of the AI are so accurate that they can just aim constantly at the little windows of say, a gunner seat, and fire a few rounds then i am dead.

this also happened when im in the driver seat.

my mate was flying a blackhawk , moving away from a group of enemy AI infantry, and got killed within a few shots through the bottom part of the cockpit.

these situations dont really happen to me on other missions ,unless im playing on expert difficulty perhaps. but then i was only playing the mission on normal AI skill level,with regular difficulty. cant imagine how good will the AI be on elite level.

Hey Bon, i played this mission a lot on the past week on Kellys server, in fact i played twice with you.

It's one of the best "dynamic" missions out there, good job. But i feel it still needs a bit more of fine tuning.

1. Reduce the radius where a special object spawns in a mission (like the destroy the ammo cache mission, or some of the "investigate something" missions) to 150 mts. Right now i think the radius is 300 mts, which makes a too big area to search on. After 20 minutes you don't know if you aren't searching it well enough or it's a bug of the game.

2. AI to recruit options should be more limited, from 0 to 6 soldiers, let's say. First, to make the role of humans in the game a bit more crucial, second, because in big games if everybody takes high numbers of soldiers the server beging to lag.

3. Difficulty. The game doesn't seem to scale well enough in some conditions. Lots of times it makes huge armies of 60 infantry + 25 armor. Under some conditions (chosen low limit of friendly ai, chosen finite number of lives before losing the game, etc) these armies result a too big of a challenge.

Unfortunately not too many use the betas, your crates and the BI bug cause many CTD's. Any chance you could modify to eliminate the need for crates :)

@palanoid:

Thanks for the report. There were some other reporting the same thing, however, nobody could tell me if this happens in other missions as well or if it only occurs in Takistan Force.

So I checked it and it indeed has its cause in the damage handler I am using - was assuming the damage handler assigned to a soldier unit sticks only to the soldier unit, instead, it carries over to a vehicle the player jumps in. Will be fixed in the next update.

@Turin:

1. The radius certain objects are placed within depends on the size of the location, actually, I never had any problems finding things EXCEPT this stupid cache. Here the reason is yet another bug, not a too huge spawn radius. The engine sometimes fails in placing the cache in a house, maybe of not enough room for the cache at the building position. Then the cache is transferred without any notification or error message to position [0,0,0] somewhere out in the desert. In this case you can search for days with no luck.
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  2. I don't agree. My clanmates prefer playing with up to 12-man-squads and think that it is then still well-balanced. The server starting to lag though is an issue depending on the average number of players playing on a server and of course the server specs. So best imao is to stick with letting the server admin decide. Besides, take 20 players on Takistan Force each running around with 11 AIs, still less lags than you'd have in Warfare.
  3. Take a look at the following screenshots, tell me what you think:
    amount enemies 1 player playing
    amount enemies 10 players playing
    amount enemies 20 players playing
    It indeed is pretty easy to adjust it, just changing some integers in the config file of the mission.

@SnR:

How am I to eliminate the need for crates mate? :confused:

Even if most of the loadout presets are not everyone's taste, I think that is already a pretty good approach.

Edited by Bon

[*]Take a look at the following screenshots, tell me what you think:

amount enemies 1 player playing

amount enemies 10 players playing

amount enemies 20 players playing

It indeed is pretty easy to adjust it, just changing some integers in the config file of the mission.

Seems like a fair, realistic challenge in each one the three cases. But

-Playing with 20 players I have seen much, much more bigger armies than the third screenshot shows. I wouldn't complain if the enemy forces was "only that".

-Using the context you are giving me ("number of enemies changes with number of players"), then i have to say the mission balance is not dynamic enough (correct me if am wrong!). It also should tweak itself with two more values:

1. Limit of lives lost by players before a mission fails. The game is basically a different one if you use limited lives in comparison with unlimited lives. And once you play with limited lives, the number itself also affects the difficulty. This is one the most important factors, almost as important as the number of players.

2. Number of AI. Not as important, but it should be also counted.

Consider that, when i say "there are too many enemies", i also mean the number and rate of enemies that appear ad infinitum while the mission is still on, apart from the inital amount of enemies in the area. It seems to me that the game spawn enemies until the present mission is finished or failed. This combined with factor no. 1 (limited lives) sometimes makes the mission too hard.

Also, try to spawn these succesive groups of enemies a bit farther away from the objective, and the make them move to the contested area. I had some cases of enemies appearing of nowhere that breaks immersion.

If the admin of the servers put the enemy presece on many instead of normal in the parameters you will have much more enemies.

And by the way the constant spawn of enemies untill you accomplished the mission is good. Noone wants to kill all and go on.

When we play we try solve our mission not killing all moving targets, and ambushes and little firefights during a search for something in a town are much more immersive then just kill all moving targets and then go in and search with no more risk.

Edited by Pain0815

With 3 or 4 of us playing the revive system completely wrecked our heads, waiting 10 mins to die outright. I even crawled towards an enemy at one stage hoping he'd hit me in the head to end my mysery. Being a crow would be more fun. Please make it a parameter.

Still not liking the fact that non-pilots cant go gunners in choppers

Other than that its a great mission, nice random objectives. Recruitment works well. I've not figured out arty, not sure who can call it or how.

With 3 or 4 of us playing the revive system completely wrecked our heads, waiting 10 mins to die outright. I even crawled towards an enemy at one stage hoping he'd hit me in the head to end my mysery. Being a crow would be more fun. Please make it a parameter.

Still not liking the fact that non-pilots cant go gunners in choppers

Other than that its a great mission, nice random objectives. Recruitment works well. I've not figured out arty, not sure who can call it or how.

Just press esc then respawn.

then you get the option to respawn at base or if your clever enough to place your respawn point somewhere safe

Just press esc then respawn.

then you get the option to respawn at base or if your clever enough to place your respawn point somewhere safe

You lose minus 2 on the global score if you do that or did in an earlier version. Quick way of killing any chance of completing the mission.

the minus two score was fixed in the latest release, and ofcourse it contributes to your death ratio but if your stuck in the revive motion with no one around its a decision you have to make sometimes.

Bon there seems to be an issue with the AI unable to board choppers when human pilots are in the pilot seat, this does not happen all the time but just at random times, there is a work around that too get the human pilot to get out the chopper and then get the ai to board the chopper then they the ai get in fine.

I seem to be getting this issue even when there are no pilots already on board. A lot of times only one guy in my AI squad will get in and he will usually get in as gunner.

As bon said the AI-and-vehicle-problem is engine based.

Your crew will always try to man the guns first, when you give them the order via the action menu. When they are restricted they wont enter. As simple as that. Use the command menu with "4" instead, so you can order them to enter in the back.

Or select all and point on the chopper and get them in, after that before they got in do the same again. Then they jump in cargo only

changelog

• FIXED: enemy reinforcements remain at their spawn position
  • FIXED: mission "investigate -> destroy firebase" does not check for deathcount
  • FIXED: cache at "destroy cache" mission fails to set position into a house
  • FIXED: parameter for disabling advanced vehicles (tank, apc) does not work
  • FIXED: enemy snipes you out of vehicles easily
  • FIXED: enemy reinforcements spawn inside the AO when no player is near
  • CHANGED: adjusted enemy strength
  • CHANGED: locked enemy air vehicles
  • CHANGED: position of IEDs relative to the road now varies a bit; detonation radius of IEDs increased
  • CHANGED: UH-60M can load ammoboxes, too.
  • ADDED: mission "mark a fuel dump with an IR-Strobe"
  • ADDED: KSK Machinegunner to recruitable units
  • ADDED: ACE2 edition by Jack

Updated link in the first post.

I also renamed the mission from "Takistan Force" just to "TFOR", so that it fits into the mission name field in the server browser, and because I think the new name is much more distinctive than the former one. So don't be :confused:

Hf.

Bon has anything else been added to this version that isnt in the version you sent me?

The official release differs from the preview I provided you guys from KH. A new mission has been added.

Thanks bon for the new update but the new irstrobe objective doesnt seem to work, we placed the irstrobe next to the dump but nothing seemed to happen

I would REALLY like it if you could allow inf in the Black Hawk gunner seats, the problem is not the players but the AI. i know you could just use the advanced menu but that is difficult when at base and the menu looks like this:

6 o'clock humvee

6 o'clock humvee

4 o'clock humvee

6 o'clock humvee

12 o'clock black hawk

9 o'clock black hawk

1 o'clock black hawk

etc..

it is a problem cause i often accidentally tell my ai to get in the wrong vehicle as it is hard to tell which one is the right one.

I would REALLY like it if you could allow inf in the Black Hawk gunner seats, the problem is not the players but the AI. i know you could just use the advanced menu but that is difficult when at base and the menu looks like this:

6 o'clock humvee

6 o'clock humvee

4 o'clock humvee

6 o'clock humvee

12 o'clock black hawk

9 o'clock black hawk

1 o'clock black hawk

etc..

it is a problem cause i often accidentally tell my ai to get in the wrong vehicle as it is hard to tell which one is the right one.

I just look directly at the one I want them to get in and make sure that the others are off to the sides. That way you just need to look for 12 oclock.

... the new irstrobe objective doesnt seem to work, we placed the irstrobe next to the dump but nothing seemed to happen

Confirming that,placed 3 strobes,lased it with the Designator,constructed me own arty and fired on it several times ... no worky at all

Confirming that,placed 3 strobes,lased it with the Designator,constructed me own arty and fired on it several times ... no worky at all

Weird.

You need to be closer than 50m to the fuel dump, then throw the IR Strobe.

I confirm that, after testing it several times the other day, sometimes the eventhandler does not detect the player throwing the IR Strobe, but then I tried it again and latest after the third attempt it told me the dump is marked successfully.

Scripting a workaround will become very dirty...

...but I am on it (since I never saw any other mission yet that makes use of those little new Strobe thingies in OA)...